|C-47 with the squadron code “L4.”
This Model has the markings of the 91stTroop Carrier Squadron, the unit that dropped the Band of Brothers of Easy Company near Ste. Mere Eglise on D-Day.
A C-47 model of the aircraft that carried Lt. Dick Winters and his men of 1st Platoon into battle in the early morning hours of June 6, 1944!
- This limited-edition 1/72nd scale model creates the ideal tribute to the brave pilots of 9th Air Force Troop Carrier Command and their airborne brothers in arms.
- The C-47 is 10.75 inches in length and has a 15 inch wingspan, so the model is the perfect size to be displayed in a book shelf or on a desk/cabinet in front of your favorite D-Day print.
- The markings are exact to the aircraft flown by Lt. William Sammons (who would be wounded by flak on D-Day) of the 91st Squadron, and even include the chalk number "67" is recreated alongside the rear door.
- This beautiful diecast metal model also features
- A stand to display the model "in flight." - Removable landing gear for "on the ground" display. - Detailed engines, pilots in the cockpit, & more. - A numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Add $50 for Shipping
- Only 1 model left
- Call 203-888-2532
This piece can be purchased as...
$475.00 - D-Day C-47 Die Cast Model