|High Noon- WWII B-17's Blitz Berlin Painting by Robert Bailey
Featuring the famous 'Bloody Hundredth' Bomb Group! On March 6, 1944, the 100th Bomb Group B17's are en route to blitz target (Berlin) in Germany when they are viciously attacked by the Luftwaffe.
'Nelson King' suffers serious tail damage from a German fighter, but manages to stagger back to base in England.
2nd Lt John B. Gibbons (49 missions). Was later promoted to Major. He flew 'Miss Irish' on this mission.
S/Sgt W. Buschmeier, waist gunner on 'Miss Irish'
Captain Robert J. Shoens, pilot of 'Our Gal Sal.'
T.Sgt Donal B. Hammond, Radio Operator Gunner on 'Our Gal Sal.'
S/Sgt Edward R. Stone, ball turret gunner on 'Our Gal Sal.'
- Image size: 26" x 14" , Sheet size: 32" x 22"
- Authenticated and signed by aircrew who flew on this mission!
- Only 10 Artist Proofs with FIVE signatures
- This is a VERY RESTRICTED release, so they are bound to sell fast
- All signed prints come with bio cards, (wartime photos and biographies of men who signed.
This piece can be purchased as...
$395.00 - Artist Proof Edition Giclee on Canvas Edition of 50